Island Hopping at Honda Bay
Once known as a battlefield tactic used to describe moving from one island to another when attacking the enemy, island hopping is now known as one of the favorite summer and vacation time activities on the beach. And one of the best places to experience this is in Palawan, hailed worldwide as the top island destination in travel.
Beyond the numerous activities Puerto Princesa Palawan has to offer is its famous island hopping experience at Honda Bay, which consists of visiting 3 to 4 beautiful islands within a day’s time. Expect to see crystal clear blue waters, colorful coral and plant life, and fishes that you may have only found in aquariums.
There’s a reason why the island has its name—because this charming little sea creature is found in an impressive abundance on the sand and shore, in a canopy of colors so mesmerizing you will wonder if they are real. As one of the first stops during the Honda Bay island hopping experience, you are off to a great start and adventure!
Lunch is often served at Honda Bay’s “Isla Pandan,” where tourists are treated to a sumptuous meal on the beach consisting of only the freshest grilled seafood, a hearty bowl of rice and refreshing drinks, all at an unbelievably low price.
“Now you see it, now you don’t…” This elusive island is a sandbar that disappears at high tide, and reappears at low tide. “Luli” is actually derived from the Filipino words “lulubog” and “lilitaw,” which mean sink and rise. This island is ideal for those who love a good photo opportunity.
Cowrie Island is the perfect paradise for beach lovers who enjoy good fun under the sun! Spend the time you have there enjoying the powdery sand, playing sports like volleyball and frisbee, and swimming through the cool waters.
How to Maximize Your Honda Bay Island-Hopping Experience:
- Start early. If you want to get the most out of the day and visit all of the islands, aim for an early start and be on time for your pick up to maximize the tour.
- Bring cash in change for whatever food you may want to purchase and for the island entrance fees. It would be best to keep these in a waterproof container.
- Bring your goggles and snorkeling gear, if not rent your gear from one of the rental services before you leave. The islands are famous for their beautiful fishes, corals, and reefs, and you don’t want to miss out on these.
- Wear your life jacket and heed the warnings given by the guides and lifeguards. The last thing you want to remember about your vacation is an unfortunate accident that could have been avoided.
- Bring sunblock and re-apply every two hours. While the palm trees may add to the picturesque qualities of the Honday Bay islands, they don’t provide much protection for when you are out snorkeling or joy-riding on the boat. Avoid a painful sunburn so that you can enjoy the rest of your Puerto Princesa experience.
Live the famous island hopping in Honda Bay experience when you visit Puerto Princesa. Book Now!